<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @leftiblog

Friday, October 01, 2010


 

What's happening in Cuba?


There have been big developments in Cuba recently, from Fidel Castro's misinterpreted statement that the Cuban system "doesn't work" to the government announcement of a 500,000-person reduction in the public work force and the simultaneous expansion of private work opportunities. Rather than offering my own thoughts on these events, I wanted to provide readers with a list of things I've been reading, and found useful, in an attempt to understand these events and put them in context. So here's my recommended reading (and in one case, viewing) list:It's a lot, I know, but every one of those articles (and one video) will almost certainly prove both enlightening and informative. All are highly recommended.


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media