Sunday, August 02, 2009


Six years before the mast(head)

The sixth anniversary of Left I on the News! 6,297 posts later, and we're still here. By "we" I mean the "I" of "Left I" as well as many, many readers who have been here the whole time, and those who have come aboard at any time since as well.

Here's what I wrote last year:

Have I had an effect? Well, as typical for those of us on the left, results are hard to measure. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan continue, the oppression of the Palestinian people is as fierce as ever, U.S. opposition to Cuba as implacable as ever, the list goes on and on. Iran hasn't been attacked yet, but I'm afraid I can't take much credit for that.

But I'll press on, undaunted. Thanks for coming along for the ride.
Will things get better? Only if we make it happen.

Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media