<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 30, 2008


 

Rachel Maddow interviews Barack Obama


No doubt every viewer will take away from this interview what they will. I'll just say it was the best interview I've seen of Obama, in terms of the questions asked. Of course that doesn't say much about the sad state of American journalism or the "debates" which took place earlier. I don't want to comment too extensively without a transcript, but, just for example, as far as I know this is the very first time, six days before the election, that anyone has asked Obama about his exit strategy for Afghanistan (spoiler alert: he pretty much has none). And don't miss his cheap shot at the U.S. Post Office, among other things.

Anyway, I may say more if and when there's a transcript, but in the meantime, it's worth watching (you can skip to 3:15 where the actual interview starts).

Update: Transcript is now available; I don't have time tonight for a detailed analysis.

Part 1:


Part 2:


Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media