Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Political Humor of the Day

While the financial house of cards was collapsing yesterday, I got a bit of gallows humor out of this in yesterday's New York Times:
The merger would combine Bank of America’s banking and lending strength with Merrill Lynch’s wealth management expertise.
"Wealth management expertise"? A company whose stock fell from a value of $100 billion to $50 billion in one year? I don't know about you, but even though my wealth isn't in that neighborhood, I'd like it "managed" a little better than that!

Not to worry, though. The "fundamentals" of "our economy" are "sound." I keep hearing that, so it must be true. Too bad the "sound" is "crash!"

Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media