Saturday, August 02, 2008


Five years before the mast(head)

Today is the fifth anniversary of Left I on the News!!! Can you believe it? 5,691 posts during that time, for an average of 3.1 posts/day. I don't even want to think about how many words that is.

Have I had an effect? Well, as typical for those of us on the left, results are hard to measure. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan continue, the oppression of the Palestinian people is as fierce as ever, U.S. opposition to Cuba as implacable as ever, the list goes on and on. Iran hasn't been attacked yet, but I'm afraid I can't take much credit for that.

But I'll press on, undaunted. Thanks for coming along for the ride. And, without trying to exaggerate my meager efforts in the least, I present for your listening pleasure David Rovics' "Strike a Blow Against the Empire."

Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media