<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 07, 2007


 

Live Earth


Today is "Live Earth" day - worldwide concerts to raise awareness about (and money for) global warming. Some people have raised criticisms of the event, some no doubt valid, others not. No, Live Earth is not some magic panacea which is going to solve the problem of global warming overnight. But is raising consciousness about issues a good thing? I hope so, because otherwise I'm wasting my time writing this blog.

I don't know who all is performing in the hundreds of large and small venues, but I can't think of any song more appropriate (or more beautiful) than this one - "This Island Earth," by the great modern a cappella group The Nylons from their "Happy Together" album from 1987:

Labels:


Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media