Thursday, June 07, 2007


The antiwar music you won't hear here

You can guess from the fact that I post songs from the 70's that I'm not exactly a huge hip-hop fan. So I'll have to just refer readers to this article by Davey D in which he summarizes the extensive antiwar sentiment (and song output) in the hip-hop community, something that is sadly in short supply in the rest of the music world.

Update: By the way, I didn't mean to imply that the music referenced in the article (or hip-hop in general) wasn't any good, or even that it wasn't to my taste. Only that I'm totally unfamiliar with it, so that if you're like me, this article might prove a good starting point.

Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media