<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 02, 2007


 

Audio Post of the Day: Break My Stride


Break My Stride, a one-hit wonder from 1984 by Matthew Wilder, isn't a political song. It is, however, my personal mantra (and, coincidentally, the song was recorded on the "Private I" label). As a long-distance runner, I frequently encounter a downed tree across a trail. But you can't let obstacles stop you - whether you go over, under, or around them, you have to keep moving forward. And of course this is true not just in running, but on the job, or in politics, or anywhere else. Sometimes those obstacles may be huge (like capitalism), and going around them (I guess that would mean moving to the woods and living off the grid and off the land) isn't an option, and a chainsaw (or its equivalent) might be required to actually remove the obstacle. But, by whatever means, you've got to heed the words of Break My Stride:
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on moving
Technically speaking, I do actually break my stride and slow down when I encounter a tree down on the trail. :-) But I do keep moving. And we've all got to "keep on moving" if we want to change this world.

Labels:


Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media