<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 10, 2007


 

Don Imus


I'm barely aware of Don Imus. And I hardly need to comment on his (and his producer's) recent comments. But the main subject of discussion today seems to be whether his apology is sufficient, and on that subject, I just want to refer readers to this article from FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Media), which details Imus' long history of similar remarks, and his history of quickly-forgotten apologies for those remarks. In all the discussion I've heard so far on the subject, I have yet to hear anyone other than FAIR lay out the facts so clearly.

Update: I see (from watching Keith Olbermann) that Matt Lauer on the Today Show did bring up the issue of past apologies.


Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media