Sunday, February 11, 2007


Quote of the Day

"I would also note that we have close to 140,000 troops on the ground now and my understanding is that Mr Howard has deployed 1400. So, if he's ginned up to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them up to Iraq."

- Barak Obama, responding to Australian Prime Minister John Howard's statement that "If I were running al-Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008 and be praying as many times as possible for a victory, not only for Obama but also for the Democrats."
I'm not under the slightest illusion that Sen. Obama will actually, if elected, "pull America's combat brigades out of Iraq by March 31, 2008," as is his announced "plan" (even with the qualifiers, which excludes all the alleged "support" troops and probably the air power as well), nor would I want Australia to send even ten more soldiers to Iraq, much less 20,000, but still, giving credit where credit is due, it was a great response from Obama. The Aussie Rules ball is in your court, mate.

Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media