Tuesday, August 22, 2006


Silly quote of the day

"In my judgment, we are not in a situation of civil war. I know what a civil war looks like. So what I think we have is something which is, at the very best, civil war in miniature, at the very best. But I don't think it actually even meets that definition."

- British Royal Marine Lt. Gen. Robert Fry, top British commander in Iraq
"Definition"? Just what is the defintion of a "civil war in miniature"? Neither dictionary.com nor my copy of Webster's seems to be of much help. I wonder if it's more specific than the definition of "civil war," which seems to be what Lt. Gen. Fry thinks it "looks like."

P.S. - does anyone else find the use of the phrase "at the very best" rather inappropriate?

Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media