<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @leftiblog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006


 

Silly quote of the day


"In my judgment, we are not in a situation of civil war. I know what a civil war looks like. So what I think we have is something which is, at the very best, civil war in miniature, at the very best. But I don't think it actually even meets that definition."

- British Royal Marine Lt. Gen. Robert Fry, top British commander in Iraq
"Definition"? Just what is the defintion of a "civil war in miniature"? Neither dictionary.com nor my copy of Webster's seems to be of much help. I wonder if it's more specific than the definition of "civil war," which seems to be what Lt. Gen. Fry thinks it "looks like."

P.S. - does anyone else find the use of the phrase "at the very best" rather inappropriate?


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media