<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 02, 2006


 

Israel admits lying about Qana


To no one's surprise:
As the Israel Air Force continues to investigate the air strike, questions have been raised over military accounts of the incident.

It now appears that the military had no information on rockets launched from the site of the building, or the presence of Hezbollah men at the time.

The Israel Defense Forces had said after the deadly air-strike that many rockets had been launched from Qana. However, it changed its version on Monday.

The site was included in an IAF plan to strike at several buildings in proximity to a previous launching site. Similar strikes were carried out in the past. However, there were no rocket launches from Qana on the day of the strike.
Even this new explanation is highly revealing. As Robert Fisk said the other day, he lives (in Beirut) in a building next to a parking lot. If someone decides to fire a missile from that parking lot, does that make him a legitimate target? To the lawless, immoral Israelis, the answer is unquestionably "yes." And apparently it's even "yes" if someone fired a missile from that parking lot yesterday, or last week.


Why stop here? There's more...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com High Class Blogs: News and Media